A recent study by Ryan K. Schott, Nihar Bhattacharyya, and Belinda S.W. Chang analysed the patterns of evolution in the gecko phototransduction gene and compared them to those of other reptiles. Parallel shifts in selective constraint on phototransduction genes were found in geckos and snakes.
- Screening of Chemical Libraries Using a Yeast Model of Retinal Disease October 7, 2019
- Evolutionary signatures of photoreceptor transmutation in geckos reveal potential adaptation and convergence with snakes October 7, 2019
- To see or not to see: molecular evolution of the rhodopsin visual pigment in neotropical electric fishes October 4, 2019
- Coupling of human rhodopsin to a yeast signaling pathway October 4, 2019
- Functional trade-offs and environmental variation shaped ancient trajectories in the evolution of dim-light vision October 3, 2019
Tweets by Belinda Chang’s Lab (@opsinlab)My Tweets