In this new assay, light dependent activation of the human rhodopsin protein initiates the yeast mating pathway and results in the signaling of a fluorescent reporter. This innovative technique allowed the authors to characterize a panel of known rhodopsin mutations and to explore the molecular mechanisms that lead to their to pathogenicity.
- Screening of Chemical Libraries Using a Yeast Model of Retinal Disease October 7, 2019
- Evolutionary signatures of photoreceptor transmutation in geckos reveal potential adaptation and convergence with snakes October 7, 2019
- To see or not to see: molecular evolution of the rhodopsin visual pigment in neotropical electric fishes October 4, 2019
- Coupling of human rhodopsin to a yeast signaling pathway October 4, 2019
- Functional trade-offs and environmental variation shaped ancient trajectories in the evolution of dim-light vision October 3, 2019
Tweets by Belinda Chang’s Lab (@opsinlab)My Tweets