A study by Raphaël Di Roberto, Belinda Chang and Sergio Peisajovich demonstrated that changes in ligand efficacy can lead to changes in GPCR specificity, eliminating the need for extensive binding pocket re-modeling. Read their paper published in Scientific Reports to learn more.
- Convergent patterns of evolution of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) genes in electric fishes January 16, 2020
- Screening of Chemical Libraries Using a Yeast Model of Retinal Disease October 7, 2019
- Evolutionary signatures of photoreceptor transmutation in geckos reveal potential adaptation and convergence with snakes October 7, 2019
- To see or not to see: molecular evolution of the rhodopsin visual pigment in neotropical electric fishes October 4, 2019
- Coupling of human rhodopsin to a yeast signaling pathway October 4, 2019
Tweets by Belinda Chang’s Lab (@opsinlab)My Tweets