A recent study by Ryan K. Schott, Nihar Bhattacharyya, and Belinda S.W. Chang analysed the patterns of evolution in the gecko phototransduction gene and compared them to those of other reptiles. Parallel shifts in selective constraint on phototransduction genes were found in geckos and snakes.
- Whales Evolved Swiftly to Become Deep Divers July 7, 2022
- This Fish Has Adapted to Canada’s Deepest Coldest Lakes. UTSC Researchers are Unravelling it’s Genetics to Find Out How. July 7, 2022
- Convergent patterns of evolution of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) genes in electric fishes January 16, 2020
- Screening of Chemical Libraries Using a Yeast Model of Retinal Disease October 7, 2019
- Evolutionary signatures of photoreceptor transmutation in geckos reveal potential adaptation and convergence with snakes October 7, 2019
Tweets by Belinda Chang’s Lab (@opsinlab)My Tweets